Associate Research & Content Writer
Department: Kateb Maktub & UAE User group
Reporting To: Director of Education & Support Services
Working Hours: Full Time
The Emirates Literature Foundation was established in 2013 following a Royal decree from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai.
It is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports and nurtures a love of literature in the UAE and across the region through a programme of varied cultural initiatives.
The Foundation governs the annually held Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, Middle East’s premier literary festival. And several Foundation initiatives such as School Librarian of the Year, From the Inside Out, Voices of Future Generations, Kateb Maktub, the Emirates LitFest Writing Prize, First Chapter as well as year-round educational programmes and book clubs.
We are looking for a creative Research & content writer with an excellent research skill to join our team.
About the User Group
Wikimedians of United Arab Emirates User Group is a non-profit organization that operates and manages Wikimedia projects such as the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia. The User Group is an officially recognized user group by the Wikimedia Foundation’s affiliation committee, and it is the only Wikimedia User Group in the Arabic Gulf. Its primary mission is to assist and encourages Emiratis and the wider Arab region, to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural, and historical content about the UAE and the Arab World in the public domain, allowing anyone to freely use the knowledge and distribute and benefit from its content.
- Conducting research on Wikimedians focused content.
- Supporting in the organization and planning of the User Group’s Competitions and events, including writing announcement and emails to participants and volunteers.
- Assisting in the organization of the volunteers work such as organizing the articles.
- Preparing training sessions material, articles, slide desks, etc. prior every training session.
- Gathering data and creating content on Wikimedia projects mainly Wikipedia.
- Supporting in developing an annual research plan for the User Group.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com