Education Events Coordinator
Reporting To: Head of VoFG
Working Hours: Full Time
The Emirates Literature Foundation was established in 2013 following a Royal decree from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai.
It is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports and nurtures a love of literature in the UAE and across the region through a programme of varied cultural initiatives.
The Foundation governs the annually held Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, Middle East’s premier literary festival. And several Foundation initiatives such as School Librarian of the Year, From the Inside Out, Voices of Future Generations, Kateb Maktub, the Emirates LitFest Writing Prize, First Chapter as well as year-round educational programmes and book clubs.
This role involves supporting the organisation and execution of a prestigious award involving school librarians around the UAE. The project coordinator will coordinate and organise the award nominations, judging process and awards ceremony.
The ideal candidate is a degree holder with excellent coordination and organisational skills. The Education Events coordinator should be a confident communicator who enjoys interacting with diverse groups, detail and results-oriented, and capable of working independently and with a team. The candidate should have demonstrable written and interpersonal communication skills. Bilingual English-Arabic language skills are highly desirable.
School Librarian of the Year (SLOY)Education Events Coordinator Role
The School Librarian of the Year (SLOY) Education Events Coordinator Role will be responsible for:
- The Education Events Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the award nominations, judging process and the events ceremony including:
- Coordinating the nominations process, including:
- Communicating with librarians and supporting them with their nominations
- Collating and organising nomination entries
- Support in creating a wider community of librarians and staff associated with libraries.
- Ensuring that the award is more career and demographic orientated.
- Handling queries about the award
- Handling logistics for judging visits to schools, including attending and managing visits in various Emirates.
- Documentation and coordination of the award moderation process
- Managing certificates, prizes and trophies
- Managing post-ceremony logistics
- Managing attendance and logistics of the awards-ceremony
- Support to the Education Events Coordinator with correspondence in Arabic and English
- Working closely with the award project-management team
- Encourage schools from GCC countries to participate in the festival’s education programme and/or initiatives.
- Promote the Education Program sessions offered to the schools and encourage registrations and sales.
- Coordinate with schools to promote school visits all year-round
- Attend education events and offer front and back of house support, as necessary.
- Ensure all admin is kept organised and up to date.
- Take responsibility for ensuring effective communications with all Foundation team members, reporting on progress at regular Foundation Team meetings.
- Ensure that any issues are raised as soon as possible and take the lead on working with the team to find the best resolution.
- Contribute skills, expertise, and time to cross-functional teams requiring input.
- Work with the Foundation team to promote the Foundation and the EAFOL Children’s Programmes to schools and through schools to parents and families across Dubai and the region.
- Display a willingness to step beyond the boundaries of this job description when requested to do so in the interest of the delivery of the Festival.
Year-Round Education Events
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com