Emirates Literature Foundation Reading Challenge
March is the Month of Reading in the UAE, a month-long initiative meant to encourage and develop a love of reading, while further nurturing future generations of readers.
In celebration of this year’s Month of Reading, the Emirates Literature Foundation has launched a reading challenge open to everyone in the UAE.
How to Participate
Interested readers can register in one of two categories, individual or family, with entries submitted in either Arabic or English.
To enter, people simply have to read as many books as they can between 1 March and 31 March 2021 and use the form below to submit each book read, as well as a one-line review for it.
If entering as a family, participants will have to register in the name of a child, with all books submitted as entries being read to or with the same child, even as the adults can change.
Winners in each category of the Reading Challenge will receive a special selection of books signed by previous Emirates Airline Festival of Literature Authors as well as an Emirates LitFest canvas bag and a Foundation Friends membership for one year.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be residents of the UAE.
- Each person can only compete in one of two categories: Individual or Family
- Entries can be in English or Arabic.
- The family category can have an unlimited number of supporting adults, but all books should be read with or to one child, who should be the named entrant.
- The books entered for the competition must be read in the month of March 2021.
- The winning entrants agree to the Emirates Literature Foundation’s and Emirates Airline Festival of Literature’s use of their name and photograph in relation to related publicity material and activities.
- Children entering the competition need to have their parents’ consent.
- Entries must be received on or before the closing date of 31 March 2021.
- The Foundation’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners are responsible for collecting their prizes from the Emirates Literature Foundation’s offices within 30 days of being contacted.
- The Foundation Friends membership is only valid for 12 months starting from the date of receipt.
This year’s reading challenge is now closed. Sign up for our Emirates Literature Foundation newsletter for news of any future competitions.