Fringe Stage: Spotlighting Young Performers
Get ready to be amazed and entertained as students from throughout the UAE take to the stage to show off their creative talents in dance, drama, music, poetry, and singing performances at the ever-popular Fringe Stage at the Emirates LitFest 2023.
The Fringe Stage is a wonderful opportunity for young performers to showcase their talents in the performing arts in front of a live international audience, in 15-20 minute performance slots.
|Registration opens||1 November 2022|
|Registration closes||16 January 2023|
|Fringe Stage Performance Dates||3-5 February 2023*|
* Performers will receive a single performance slot of 15-20 minutes during the hours of 14:00-16:00 on Friday, 13:00-16:00 on Saturday and Sunday.
How to Apply
In order to take part on the Fringe Stage for a school performance, you will need to fill out the application form below. Make sure you provide us with the following:
- School details
- Title of the performance (how you would like your school’s performance to be announced)
- Name of the performing student(s) and/or the performing group’s name
- Number of performers
- Performance year (primary or secondary)
- Type of performance (dance, drama, music, poetry, and/or singing)
- A short description of the performance (in no more than 150 words).
Once the applications are received the Emirates Literature Foundation team will review the submissions and contact the successful schools with participation details.
Each performance slot is only 15-20 minutes long. So please prepare your performances accordingly.
See you at the Fringe Stage!
Terms and Conditions
- Applications to perform at the Fringe Stage are open to all young performers between the ages of 3-16 years old within the UAE.
- Both group and solo performances are welcome.
- The Fringe Stage is open to participation in Arabic and English. To register in Arabic, please click here.
- The number of performance slots is limited and the Emirates Literature Foundation team will select successful performers based on the written description given in the application.
- Performers are expected to provide musical instruments/props or any other equipment needed for the performance.
- The performances should be in dance, drama, music and/or singing and suitable for an audience aged 3-16.
- Applications must be submitted by 16 January 2022 and successful performers will be informed as your performance slot is scheduled.
- The performance date and time will be allocated by the Emirates Literature Foundation and successful performers will be informed accordingly.
- Each performance slot is only 15-20 minutes long. So please prepare your performances accordingly.
- All performances will take place during the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, from Friday to Sunday, 3-5 February 2023.
- Guardians of the performers are responsible for their safety and wellbeing during their visit to the Emirates LitFest.
- The successful performers agree to the Emirates Literature Foundation and Emirates Airline Festival of Literature’s use of their name and photographs in relation to related publicity material and activities. Schools and students should be aware that they might need to obtain parental consent for this.