The Emirates Literature Foundation is committed to leading by example when it comes to protecting the environment and minimising the environmental impact of its operations.
Our aim is to inspire people to make a difference. We understand that sustainability is essential to our children’s future. We reflect these values in our commitment to managing our impact, sharing best practice through the services we provide and through our environmental performance.
We have three broad areas of impact: our offices, our events, and our print assets. We manage our processes, materials, and people to reduce the negative impact from our work and contribute to positive environmental change.
- Minimise our greenhouse gas emissions to combat the impacts of climate change.
- Improve our energy efficiency.
- Manage our waste by minimising, storing, recycling and disposing of waste and packaging in a responsible manner.
- Work with our exhibition and conference venues and supply chain to reduce energy and waste.
- Investigate the use of materials, products and components with a lower environmental impact (e.g. recycled, low energy, FSC, reusable, rechargeable).
- A sustainable procurement policy encourages suppliers and contractors to support our objectives.
- Promoting sustainability to our visitors, sponsors and commercial partners, enabling them to understand their environmental impacts and make improvements.
Our Environmental Policy provides the framework for setting and reviewing objectives, meeting compliance obligations and measuring and enhancing environmental performance. It is documented, maintained and communicated to interested parties.