Reporting To: Executive Committee
Working Hours: Full Time
The Emirates Literature Foundation was established in 2013 following a Royal decree from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
It is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports and nurtures a love of literature in the UAE and across the region through a programme of varied cultural initiatives.
The Foundation governs the annually held Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, the Middle East’s premier literary festival. And several Foundation initiatives such as School Librarian of the Year, From the Inside Out, Voices of Future Generations, Kateb Maktub, the Emirates LitFest Writing Prize, First Chapter as well as year-round educational programmes and book clubs.
We are looking for an Event Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate should be organised with strong problem solving, planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Organize events:
- Planning events set up
- Registrations (online tickets, ticket sales, invitations etc.)
- Prepare the final sheet
- Manage email correspondence
- F&B for events (refreshments)
- Reporting progress to Executive Committee/Team and at Team meeting
- Pre/post event evaluation
- Arrange contracts, agendas, travel and all logistics for team and guests
- Liaise with stake holders including, supporters, authors, and speakers to created sessions
- Supervise the operations team to make sure everything goes smoothly before and during the event
- Set up schedule for the Operations team – to make sure that one of the ops team will be at the event
- Manage correspondence at all levels both internally and externally
- Responsible for process management for events
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org