Festival in a Day
David Attenborough live from Cheltenham
No need to wait until March for your Dubai LitFest fix! We’ve teamed up with the The Times and The Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival to bring you some of their biggest names via livelink. From naturalist David Attenborough and award winning novelist Kate Atkinson to historian Mary Beard, our ‘Festival in a Day’ gives you a taste of the oldest literary festival in the world.
The ‘Festival in a Day’ takes place on October 6 at Dubai Festival City, Novo Cinema, Screen 5 from 3:30pm.
Buy your ticket at AED120 for all three event.
3.30pm – 4.30pm
Acclaimed novelist Kate Atkinson won the Whitbread Book of the Year prize in 1995 for her first novel, Behind the Scenes at the Museum and has since written ten books, including four in the Jackson Brodie crime series. She will be discussing her new novel, Transcription.
5.30pm – 6.45pm
David Attenborough’s recent BBCTV Blue Planet 2 series sparked an outcry around the world about plastic pollution in the oceans, leading to a greater awareness of the damage that is being inflicted. He will be discussing his completely new edition of the ground-breaking Life on Earth, and assessing how the world has changed since its original publication 40 years ago.
Women & Power – A Manifesto is the latest work from renowned classicist Mary Beard. She will be dissecting the cultural underpinnings of misogyny, from the classical world to the modern day, from Medusa and Athena to Theresa May and Hillary Clinton, and discussing how we can change the narrative around women and power.
Enjoy 10% off on tickets, priority seating and exclusive benefits when you become a Foundation Friend. Click here to learn more.
To obtain Foundation Friends discount, use the promo code at checkout that you can find in your inbox. If you have not received it, please send an email to email@example.com
If you are a Foundation Friend through the www.EmiratesLitFest.com website, please re-register at the www.ELFDubai.org checkout to make use of the discount. Please bring your Foundation Friends card to the event as we will check on entry.
Terms and Conditions for ‘Festival in a Day’ Ticket
Foundation Friends receive a ten percent discount.
There are no concessionary tickets for children or students
- You must present a valid ticket to enter this event
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Author sessions will be broadcast live from The Times and The Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival in the United Kingdom. Authors will not be physically present in Dubai.
- Only in the case of an event being cancelled, will we refund or exchange your ticket, for details see *Ticket Refunds
- Refunds will be processed within 20 working days
- Credit card refunds may take between 3-5 days to process
- Event times and venues are subject to change; please check https://www.elfdubai.org/en/festival-in-a-day for updates before attending
- Events may be recorded or filmed; by buying a ticket, you consent to the filming, photography and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience
- Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to events
- The event is free seating and seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Emirates Literature Foundation cannot be held responsible if the customer leaves the venue between sessions and the vacant seat is then occupied by another customer.
- If events have special requirements or conditions, these will be detailed on the booking page on our website
* Ticket refunds
- Under normal circumstances refunds will not be offered on any ticket.
- In the event of an author not being available on the day for any reason, an alternative author may be included in the programme. If one or two sessions of the three events has to be cancelled, a refund will be given proportionately ie. one third of the total ticket amount for one session, two thirds for two sessions.
- In the event of the whole day session being cancelled, customers will receive a full refund. In all cases, refunds will be given only upon presentation of the e-ticket, ID and invoice/ receipt.
- Refunds can only be given in the form of payment originally used, i.e. credit card refund on credit card purchase or cash refund on cash purchase.
- Refunds will be processed within 20 working days. Credit card refunds may take between 3-5 days to process after the refund request has been completed. Tickets will be refunded only once.