Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Working Hours: Full Time
The Emirates Literature Foundation is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports and nurtures a love of literature in the UAE and across the region through a programme of varied cultural initiatives.
Recognising the distinctive contribution that literature makes to children’s lives, the Foundation focuses on introducing and cultivating a spirit of reading while acting as a catalyst for writing and cultural exchange. The Foundation governs the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, the UAE’s premier literary festival, and as part of its initiatives, has implemented a School Librarian of the Year Award, a programme bringing authors to engage with inmates at Dubai Prisons, Voices of Future Generations, as well as year-round School Education Programmes, Book Clubs and Creative Writing Courses.
Established in 2013 by Royal Decree issued by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, the Foundation aims to foster a life-long love for all literature.
The Sponsorship Manager will take responsibility for, co-ordinate and deliver all aspects related to sponsorship for the festival and yearlong events. Sponsorship includes cash & barter sponsors, media partners and supporters.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the organisation’s growth and financial sustainability, in collaboration with the Executive Committee.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer to lead the development and execution of fundraising and revenue-generating strategies, including grants, sponsorship, and partnerships
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify gap areas and opportunities for growth and expansion and develop business plans to capitalise on these opportunities.
- Secure new partnerships/sponsorship for the foundation through offering personalised propositions which contribute to foundation’s financial sustainability and growth.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including sponsors and community partners.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programme schedules, systems, and operating procedures to ensure the effective delivery of events and initiatives, including creating and maintaining documents, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Review and take responsibility for overseeing sponsorship contracts handled by sponsorship and community events coordinator.
- Working with sponsorship and community event coordinator to ensure sponsorship reports are presented on time and deliverables are executed as outlined in sponsorship agreements to the highest level.
- Provide direction and mentorship to staff members, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Represent the organisation at public events, conferences, and other venues to promote the organisation’s mission and vision, when necessary and requested.
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate about sponsorships with the ability to identify opportunities.
- Tactful with strong negotitiating skills.
- Superior communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated desire and capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Attention to detail,highly productive and concern for accuracy and excellence.
- The ability to work out direction and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to foster positive,productive relationships,collaboration and teamwork,internally and externally among staff,partners,and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word,Excel,Outlook, PowerPoint and strong database management skills are necessary.
- Analytical,creative,presentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent time management,orgnisational skills ,and ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be a self starter,proactive and driven,with a strong work ethic,a high level of motivation,a strong sense of urgency when needed.
- Be excited and passionate about bringing aspects of the business together./span>
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Arabic. Bachelors degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, other related field preferred.
- Network of contacts throughout the international children’s and young adult publishing sector.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with proven track record in sponsorship.
- Marketing experience a plus but not required.
Other Relevant Information
- As an integral part of the ELF Team, this position participates fully in the production and execution of Foundation events. This requires flexibility to be available evenings and weekends and to work additional hours during peak hours, with compensatory hours in lieu of time worked provided.
- Unless otherwise stated, all staff are subject to a six-month probationary period and annual performance review.
- The position is based in the Emirates Literature Foundation office, located in Al Shindagha, Dubai.
- Flexible working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate.
- Please email resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and last salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line ”Sponsorship Manager”. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.