Reporting To: Head of Programming
Working Hours: Full Time
The Emirates Literature Foundation was established in 2013 following a Royal decree from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
It is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports and nurtures a love of literature in the UAE and across the region through a programme of varied cultural initiatives.
The Foundation governs the annually held Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, the Middle East’s premier literary festival. And several Foundation initiatives such as School Librarian of the Year, From the Inside Out, Voices of Future Generations, Kateb Maktub, the Emirates LitFest Writing Prize, First Chapter as well as year-round educational programmes and book clubs.
We are looking for a Programmer to join to join our team. The ideal candidate should be organised, attention to detail, critical thinking, and good time management skills.
- In collaboration with the programming team, brainstorm, create, and develop sessions
- Point of contact for English and Arabic language sessions before and after events
- Liaise with stake holders including, supporters, authors, and speakers to created sessions
- Work closely with the Comms team to ensure Arabic social media mirrors the English language version
- Keep abreast of news and trends in the publishing and literary world with a focus on the Arab world
- Where possible keep up to date with reading of material that is related to the Foundation and Festival
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com