Social Media Intern
Department: Wikimedians User Group of the UAE
Reporting To: Head of Department with a direct supervision from the Kateb Maktub team and the Communications team
Working Hours: Full Time
We are looking for a bilingual social media intern who is capable of drafting grammatically correct copy in Arabic and English, with a working knowledge of Photoshop, familiarity with social media, and an eye for design.
In this role, you will contribute to the objectives of the Wikimedians of the UAE user group and promote the work of the UAE Wiki community on social media.
Wikimedians of United Arab Emirates User Group is a non-profit organization that operates and manages Wikimedia projects such as the online encyclopedia Wikipedia. The User Group is an officially recognized user group by the Wimiedia Foundation’s affiliation committee, and it is the only Wikimedia User Group in the Arabic Gulf. Its primary mission is to asist and encourages Emiratis and the wider Arab region, to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural, and historical content about the UAE and the Arab World in the public domain, allowing anyone to freely use the knowledge and distribute and benefit from its content.
- Support the team with marketing and social media, including creation of artworks and drafting copy in English and Arabic for approval before being scheduled
- Propose creative ideas and develop a calendar for posts highlighting the work of the user group and encourage people to get involved
- Actively build an audience and engage with followers on behalf of the Wikimedians of the UAE user group, in line with the Emirates Literature Foundation’s social media engagement policy
- Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders
- Proof read content and source/resize images for the social media
- Handle inbound enquiries on Social Media and reaching out to the relevant team members for accuracy
- Ensure all social media content is consistent with brand guidelines
- Immediately flag any issues or concerns in Social Media to the Foundation communications team
- Take responsibility for ensuring effective communications with all foundation team members, reporting on progress at regular internal meetings
- Proficiency in using Adobe softwares including Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Proficiency in Arabic and English, both verbal and written
- Basic use of Microsoft Office
- The ideal candidate has a strong sense of initiative and an eye for detail
- Display a willingness to step beyond the boundaries of this job description when requested to do so in the interest of the delivery of the Foundation’s initaitives
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com