Literature Initiatives Senior Manager
Department: Education Initiativess
Reporting To: Executive Committee
Working Hours: Full Time
The Emirates Literature Foundation was established in 2013 following a Royal decree from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
It is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports and nurtures a love of literature in the UAE and across the region through a programme of varied cultural initiatives.
The Foundation governs the annually held Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, the Middle East’s premier literary festival. And several Foundation initiatives such as School Librarian of the Year, From the Inside Out, Voices of Future Generations, Kateb Maktub, the Emirates LitFest Writing Prize, First Chapter as well as year-round educational programmes and book clubs.
We are looking for a Literature Initiatives Senior Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate should possess:
- Project management and ability to deliver/oversee initiatives end to end
- Passionate about literature and spreading a love of reading for pleasure
- Effective and emotionally intelligent team management
- A willing personality who remains positive and always finds solutions when faced with challenges
- Ability to motivate staff and external stakeholders for the sake of Foundation’s success
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Strategic and efficient management of non-profit company resources
- Business development and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Responsible for bringing new and maintaining current sponsorship and safeguarding sustainability and sustainable growth of foundation long term
- Ensuring the objective of spreading the love of reading is strong across all initiatives
- Ensuring ongoing innovation in the organisation while filling necessary gaps in the literature sector locally and regionally
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org