Project Administration Intern
Department: Voices of
Future Generations Arabia (VoFG)
Reporting To: COO
Working Hours: Full Time
The Emirates Literature Foundation was established in 2013 following a Royal decree from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
It is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports and nurtures a love of literature in the UAE and across the region through a programme of varied cultural initiatives.
The Foundation governs the annually held Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, the Middle East’s premier literary festival. And several Foundation initiatives such as School Librarian of the Year, From the Inside Out, Voices of Future Generations, Kateb Maktub, the Emirates LitFest Writing Prize, First Chapter as well as year-round educational programmes and book clubs.
We are looking for a bilingual Project Administrative Intern to join our team. The ideal candidate should be organised with problem solving, report writing and time management skills. An interest in natural sciences and a desire to learn more the United Nations’ Goals(Sustainable Development Goals),Demonstrate a strong commitment to improving children’s knowledge of the environment and a desire to work with school children in a learning environment & out in the field.
- Help the project manager in administrative duties and processes
- Schedule meetings and keep minutes
- Assist with planning, from start to finish of project
- Prepare and distribute project materials
- Implement policies and procedures
- Create weekly workflow
- Order resources
- Monitor progress
- Alert the project manager to issues as they arise
- Report on team and project performance
- Act as point of contact for the project team and facilitate communications
- Collaborate on stakeholder presentations
- Assist and support document translations (Arabic to English and vice versa)
- Track emails and correspondence related to purchases and supply of products
- Resource Management
- Provide general administrative support to the Team including answering the phone, filing, updating databases, etc
- Support the team with the logistics and organization of the workshop and webinar including materials preparation, transportation, and presentation
- Co-ordinate with participating schools to ensure they understand the programme & what is expected
- Encourage children’s participation in the projects
- Take initiative to find an integrated approach to the project activities
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com