Social Media and Communications Manager
Department: Kateb Maktub & UAE User group
Reporting To: Director of Education & Support Services
Working Hours: Full Time
The Emirates Literature Foundation was established in 2013 following a Royal decree from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai.
It is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation that supports and nurtures a love of literature in the UAE and across the region through a programme of varied cultural initiatives.
The Foundation governs the annually held Emirates Airline Festival of Literature, Middle East’s premier literary festival. And several Foundation initiatives such as School Librarian of the Year, From the Inside Out, Voices of Future Generations, Kateb Maktub, the Emirates LitFest Writing Prize, First Chapter as well as year-round educational programmes and book clubs.
Our User Group is looking for an experienced social media and communications manager to help us grow our community in the UAE by planning, implementing, and managing our social media presence and projects’ online presence. We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent attention to detail and familiarity with all social media platforms. You will be a team player who provides feedback to internal teams on the success of your campaigns and will have excellent written and oral communication skills. You will be well-versed in community engagement methods and best practices, as well as the target audience.
About the User Group
Wikimedians of United Arab Emirates User Group is a non-profit organization that operates and manages Wikimedia projects such as the online encyclopaedia Wikipedia. The User Group is an officially recognized user group by the Wikimedia Foundation’s affiliation committee, and it is the only Wikimedia User Group in the Arabic Gulf. Its primary mission is to assist and encourages Emiratis and the wider Arab region, to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural, and historical content about the UAE and the Arab World in the public domain, allowing anyone to freely use the knowledge and distribute and benefit from its content.
Wikimedia User Group
- Create, edit, publish, and share content on all social media platforms daily.
- Manage content for all our social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Establish the most important social media KPIs.
- Identify campaign insights and social media trends using data analytics.
- Work with the Emirates Literature Foundation’s Marketing and Communications Team to continuously improve by collecting and analyzing relevant social data, insights, and best practices.
- Communicate with outside stakeholders, such as the Wikimedia Foundation’s Communication department.
- Use best-practice community management, monitor, engage, and grow our online community and volunteers.
- Oversee projects in accordance with the social media strategy and overall digital marketing strategy.
- Maintain the User Group’s brand voice and raise objectives awareness.
- Participate in all User Group activities and events to cover them on all social media platforms.
- Organize and manage social media content plans and monthly reports.
- Website updates – on all education pages.
- Create new/update competition artwork for website, emails, and social media.
- Manage the Education Department social media account:
- Social media posting and community management for @elfdubai_edu account.
- Create designs for @elfdubai_edu account to promote competitions and increase activity and student/teacher participation.
- Film Instagram reels and create lively engaging content for @elfdubai_edu account.
- Instagram coverage for any/all external and internal education events.
- Create monthly schedule for posts/engagements aligned with the Education Department key dates.
- Layout and design the email for launch/ marketing campaigns for the education initiatives.
- Education website design/thumbnails for LitFest education sessions/events, ADIBF, Virtual Sessions, ELF Caravan, Fringe and other education initiatives in coordination with Comms and Education teams.
- All education session presentation/slide formatting for the LitFest.
- Update press releases and media alerts for the education Initiatives.
- Liaise with sponsors, judges, teachers, librarians, students for Festival video interviews in coordination with Comms and Education teams.
- UManage the editing and subtitling of the education initiatives highlights.
- Support the Education Team by developing visual and written content for all social media channels.
Support year-round Foundation initiatives:
- Provide support to all Foundation initiatives with particular emphasis to the Kateb Maktub/Wikimedians of the UAE User Group and Education team.
- Promote the Education Program sessions offered to the schools and encourage registrations and sales.
- Coordinate with schools to promote the school visits and Fringe all year-round.
- Attend education events and offer front and back of house support, as necessary.
- Ensure all admin is kept organised and up to date.
- Take responsibility for ensuring effective communications with all Foundation team members, reporting on progress at regular Foundation Team meetings.
- Ensure that any issues are raised as soon as possible and take the lead on working with the team to find the best resolution.
- Contribute skills, expertise, and time to cross-functional teams requiring input.
- Work with the Foundation team to promote the Foundation and the EAFOL Children’s Programmes to schools and through schools to parents and families across Dubai and the region.
- Display a willingness to step beyond the boundaries of this job description when requested to do so in the interest of the delivery of the Festival.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org