NOTE: We will not be accepting any more LitFest volunteers after Sunday, 8th Jan 2023
NOTE: We are currently looking for Social Media volunteers to support our communications team until middle of February 2023.
Our volunteers play a key role in the LitFest community as they help ensure that our Festival events run smoothly and are often the first people our audiences interact with.
By becoming a LitFest volunteer, you will be helping host the biggest literary festival in the Middle East, and creating a meaningful legacy while contributing to a better tomorrow.
Anyone interested in volunteering for the Emirates Literature Foundation will need to submit the following as part of their application:
- A copy of your Emirates ID (front and back)
- A copy of your vaccination certificate (or an exemption certificate)
Everyone is welcome to apply, but volunteers must be 16 years of age at the time of registration. For volunteers of determination, they must be 18 years and older.
If you have volunteered for previous Festivals please re-register with your updated details.
- After you submit the application form, you will receive a confirmation email.
- All applications will be added to our volunteers’ database and selected candidates will be contacted
- Placement confirmations will begin mid January.
- We can only accept a limited number of the most appropriate volunteers for each area. When all
volunteer roles are filled, remaining applications will be added to a waiting list.
- If you have volunteered for previous events or Festivals you will still need to fill out the registration form below.
- If anything changes in regards to your ability to volunteer for us, please email us at email@example.com
We are sorry as we are unable to provide:
- Visa assistance or sponsorship
- Flights or transport to/ from the venues
- Accommodation or any additional expenses
The deadline for volunteer application for the 2024 Litfest is Wednesday, 20th December, 2023
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities
Volunteer roles are subject to availability. But applicants can expect to be assigned the following roles:
- Room Managers: These volunteers are assigned to specific event rooms. With the help of their crew, they will set up and manage each event within their room throughout the day. This is suited to our more experienced volunteers!
- Area Manager: These volunteers are assigned to manage specific areas, such as the main book signing area, the information desk, crowd control, and more. This makes it a great fit for our more experienced volunteers!
- Room/Area Crew: These volunteers support Room and Area Managers with setting up their event room or area before, during, and after a session. They also help scan audience members’ tickets, help seat attendees, and more. Perfect for a first time volunteer!
- Social Media and Communications Volunteers: These volunteers help by amplifying the news that the LitFest is happening and that people are invited to join in the fun across various social media channels. These roles usually begin in November and continue until mid-February, when the Festival ends. It’s an ideal role for anyone interested in marketing (specifically social media) and journalism. Or anyone who might be hoping to gain a new kind of volunteer experience at the LitFest.